Thursday 20 October 2011

Kirstie's Handmade Britain - Eclairs recipe

After watching last nights episode of Kirstie's handmade Britain I  thought  I would have a go at the Eclair recipe.Kirsties eclair recipe. It is my first attempt at choux pastry so  I wasn't really sure what I was doing.



For some reason my mixture was too runny :/ or at least that is what it felt like. The temperature on recipe is also way too hot for my oven. The first batch were too burned and I threw them away,  Some of them I just spooned on baking tray (suggested by a lovely lady on a forum I visit).  They tasted lovely when filled with lemon whipped cream.

(I  couldnt make her kumquat filling because there are no kumquats in shops here)











Recipe for lemon whipped cream


250ml whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar (I used caster and ground it with pestle and mortar)
3 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon rind


put it all in bowl and whisk until it forms peaks.




 I will try this again and hopefully my piping gets better.

1 comment: